UNITE HERE Local 40 is hiring an Admin Assistant!
UNITE HERE Local 40 is the voice of 50,000 hospitality workers across British Columbia. They are housekeepers, bellmen, food servers, cooks, dishwashers, bartenders and many other employees in the tourism and food service industries.
Local 40 has a proud history of community involvement and a strong commitment to improving working conditions, wages, and benefits for all workers.
Local 40 is presently seeking an Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Office Director and is a probationary term leading to a permanent position.
Description: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Complete multiple responsibilities on a daily basis
- Written and verbal communications with members, staff and employers
- Organize and schedule appointments/meetings
- Assistance with coordinating special events and projects
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Answering incoming telephone calls and retrieving daily messages
- Maintain filing system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Generate necessary reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements/Qualifications: The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2 3 years experience in related field
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access; Mac & PC
- Working knowledge of office equipment; e.g., printers, fax machines, and copiers
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and high capacity for attention to details.
- Passionate belief in the importance of trade unions for raising the quality of life for working people
- Desire to contribute to the labour movement’s effort to create a more just and equitable society
- Proficient data entry
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well with others
- Assist with company financials and ability to provide insight on how to work efficiently in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Must be able to maneuver effectively through Excel using formulas, properly and accurately manage staff expense reimbursements, and have basic knowledge of employee provincial/federal laws.
- Welcome newly hired employees to the organization by conducting initial orientation.
- Provide payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience is preferable but not required.
Please submit a resume and references, along with a cover letter, to Paul Voykin at email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line. Please include your available start date in the cover letter. Position is available immediately.