**A schedule of the day’s action/events will be posted daily here starting Aug. 10th!
MONDAY, Aug. 10th / All events happening outside the BC Legislature in Victoria:
10 AM – Press Conference (President Zailda Chan and fasters will give speeches); Last drink of juice. Blessing Ceremony to open the hunger strike begins immediately afterward.
12 PM – Community Action (more details TBA). Legislative Assembly in recess.
6:30 PM – Songs of solidarity: Join us for a community singalong to nourish the soul and support the fasters!
Will you join us by pledging to fast on August 10 and taking action with us that day?
Here’s the PLAN for those pledging to take #Fast4OurJobs:
1) Sign the pledge of solidarity here.
2) On Aug. 10, add a #Fast4OurJobs frame to your Facebook profile photo by clicking this link www.facebook.com/profilepicframes/?selected_overlay_id=724286941686589
3) Take a photo of an empty bowl or plate and post it on social media with the hashtag, “#Fast4OurJobs,” tagging MLAs who haven’t given hotel workers a legal right to return to their jobs. Don’t forget to add a personalized message about why your MLAs need to take act now. [See below for example]
4) Nominate 3 friends to tag to encourage to take the pledge.
5) If you can’t make it out to the BC Legislature in Victoria on Monday, join us on Facebook Live (https://www.facebook.com/unitehere40) at 10 am, Monday Aug. 10, for the launch of the fast!
By pledging today, you are helping to send a message to hotel workers that they are not alone. By tagging at least 3 friends to join you, you are helping to send this message even further.
Sample social post:
I pledge to fast on Aug. 10 in solidarity with laid-off hotel workers who are fighting to save their jobs. Tell @LisaBeare @HarryBainsSN @JohnHorganBC @CaroleJames @MichelleMungallMLA: Hotel workers need a legal right to return to work!